Why you should be a communist
The Communist Party of Australia works for ...
- Jobs for all, better pay, safety at work and trade union rights.
- Equal rights for women, migrants and refugees.
- Aboriginal land and human rights.
- Improved public health, public education, public housing and public transport.
- Laws to force polluters to stop killing our planet.
- Higher pensions and improved welfare services
- Peace and a cut to military spending to pay for socially needed projects.
A better world is possible — help us build it!
Come and join!
Find us on twitter: @communist_au
And on facebook at: cpa.org.au/facebook
For further information please fill out our online request form.
You should be a communist because ...
- The world is changing direction. People are taking control. You can be part of this process.
- Capitalism is crisis-ridden, driven by corporate cowboys … we pay their gambling debts.
- The only way to end poverty, unemployment, environmental destruction, war … is to take society out of corporate hands.
Did you know that Communists ...
- Have an outstanding history of struggle for democratic rights, especially workers’ rights.
- Have always fought for high standard public housing, public education and public health for the people.
- Were the first to campaign for the environment and started the “green bans”.
- Have always fought for equal pay for women.
- Were the first to champion Aboriginal rights.
- Were among the first to fight for migrant rights and against racism.
- Have made a major contribution to Australian culture.
Next section: An introduction to the Communist Party of Australia