Why you should ...
State by State
NSW, Qld, SA, Vic, WA
Southern Cross Brigade to Cuba – 2014/2015
VISIT CUBA BE MORE THAN A TOURIST
Get an in-depth experience of the history, culture and achievements of a small socialist country and show your solidarity with the Cuban people.
Highlights of this year’s program are:
- Tour of the historic centre of old Havana, gala performance of the Cuban National Ballet, as well as opportunities to explore Havana independently
- Visits to Baracoa Beach as well as regional visits to Villa Clara and Cienfuegos
- Meet with medical students and visit a comprehensive general medical centre
- Visit a Cuban trade fair and participate in agricultural activities with local cooperative farmers
- Learn about the Cuban revolution, economic and social model, democratic process and international relations
- Participate in cultural activities – salsa and more!
The cost of the Brigade is $1100, including accommodation, internal transport, activities and almost all meals within Cuba. Flights to and from Cuba are not included.
Contact Peter: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0439 091 767
Save our Communities – Unity rally
Wednesday November 12
Parliment House Perth
Stand with us to speak against genocide and human rights violation in WA.
Oombulgurri, Swan Valley Nyungah Community and Kennedy Hill have been bulldozed.
What is next?
The Abott Government is withdrawing funding from 180 communities in Western Australia. The State Government is letting it happen, which means they will lose basic services and be shut down.
“Barnett’s plan will inflict more suffering and death on us the First People”.
By closing down Communities this State government is denying us as First People our right live on our Land the way we want to live, as a community of people, protecting our Families, our Culture and our Sacredness in the Land.
Bulldozing our Communities is forced assimilation, forced displacement and homelessness, forced sickness and death. The damage will be felt for generations to come.
Article 8 of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples says “Indigenous peoples and individuals have the right not to be subjected to forced assimilation or destruction of their culture”.
“Our rights as the First People are not being respected”.
Speakers: Elders from Oombulgurri, Western Desert, Yindj ibarndi People, Wongi Country and Nyungah Country.
Don’t wait for the justice that never comes, stand up and demand your rights
For more information contact Bella Bropho 0467 329 047 or email email@example.com
Reclaim the night – March against genderd violence
Friday October 31
Hyde Park North, Sydney
Stop the violence!
Break the silence!
All welcome, family friendly
Food, speeches and performances
Support the Cuban 5
Wednesday November 5
US Consulate Martin Place, Sydney
Come and support the Five
Organised by Sydney Central Branch, CPA
Further info Maria 0431 275 434
Celebrate The Great October Revolution
Friday November 7
74 Buckingham Street Surry Hills
More Info 02 9699 8844 (Tom or Linda)
Public meeting – Communities united against racism
Sunday November 9
3:00pm - 5:00pm
UTS Tower Building Broadway
Join a community meeting on why we should reject the campaign of fear against Muslims and unite against racist attacks.
- Chair: Mehreen Faruqi, NSW MLC
- Arab Council of Australia
- Lydia Shelly, Islamophobia Register
- Prof Wendy Bacon, Australian Centre for Independent Journalism, UTS
- Stuart Rees, Founder of Sydney Peace Foundation
- Stephen Blanks, President of NSW Council of Civil Liberties
Politics in the Pub
This web page was last updated:
Friday, October 31, 2014