Why you should ...
State by State
NSW, Qld, SA, Vic, WA
Southern Cross Brigade to Cuba – 2014/2015
VISIT CUBA BE MORE THAN A TOURIST
Get an in-depth experience of the history, culture and achievements of a small socialist country and show your solidarity with the Cuban people.
Highlights of this year’s program are:
- Tour of the historic centre of old Havana, gala performance of the Cuban National Ballet, as well as opportunities to explore Havana independently
- Visits to Baracoa Beach as well as regional visits to Villa Clara and Cienfuegos
- Meet with medical students and visit a comprehensive general medical centre
- Visit a Cuban trade fair and participate in agricultural activities with local cooperative farmers
- Learn about the Cuban revolution, economic and social model, democratic process and international relations
- Participate in cultural activities – salsa and more!
The cost of the Brigade is $1100, including accommodation, internal transport, activities and almost all meals within Cuba. Flights to and from Cuba are not included.
Contact Peter: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0439 091 767
Carry on the fight for a just, democratic and sovereign Australia
Spring Sundowner Celebrate 30 years of Union Aid Abroad
Thursday November 27
The Inglewood Hotel, Verandah Bar, cnr Fifth Ave & Beaufort St, Mt Lawley
Meet and Greet with the new Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA Executive Officer Kate Lee
Kate will speak about APHEDA’s project work in Asia and the Middle East, particularly in Gaza, Lebanon and the West Bank.
Coinciding with Asbestos Awareness Month, all funds raised by the night will support APHEDA’s Vietnam – Australia Asbestos Disease Prevention project.
Tickets: $50 or $40 unwaged
Book your tickets by Monday 24 November via http://www.trybooking.com/112343
More info: Tim Dymond at TDymond@unionswa.com.au or call 0438 000 566
Union Aid Abroad APHEDA www.apheda.org.au
The overseas humanitarian aid agency of the ACTU
Support the Cuban 5
Friday December 5
US Consulate Martin Place, Sydney
Come and support the Five
Organised by Sydney Central Branch, CPA
Further info Maria 0431 275 434
Sydney International Food Night
Sunday December 7
4:00pm - 7:00pm
Gaelic Club First Floor, 64 Devonshire Street, Surry Hills
Public housing then and now
- Local historian Max Scolling on public housing 1940s onwards
- Millers Point community leader Barney Gardner on the fight for public housing today
Entertainment Folk singers: Margaret Walters and Christina Mimmocchi
Entry $25 concession $15
Drinks at bar
RSVP (for catering) by Friday November 28 via email@example.com or 0418 668 098
All proceeds to the Port Jackson Branch public housing campaign
Organised by the Communist Party of Australia Port Jackson Branch
Politics in the Pub
This web page was last updated:
Friday, November 21, 2014