Why you should ...
State by State
NSW, Qld, SA, Vic, WA
Southern Cross Brigade to Cuba – 2014/2015
VISIT CUBA BE MORE THAN A TOURIST
Get an in-depth experience of the history, culture and achievements of a small socialist country and show your solidarity with the Cuban people.
Highlights of this year’s program are:
- Tour of the historic centre of old Havana, gala performance of the Cuban National Ballet, as well as opportunities to explore Havana independently
- Visits to Baracoa Beach as well as regional visits to Villa Clara and Cienfuegos
- Meet with medical students and visit a comprehensive general medical centre
- Visit a Cuban trade fair and participate in agricultural activities with local cooperative farmers
- Learn about the Cuban revolution, economic and social model, democratic process and international relations
- Participate in cultural activities – salsa and more!
The cost of the Brigade is $1100, including accommodation, internal transport, activities and almost all meals within Cuba. Flights to and from Cuba are not included.
Contact Peter: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0439 091 767
WASHINGTON REPORT BACK – Delegates to the Five Days for the Cuban Five
Saturday August 2
74 Buckingham Street Surry Hills
Elizabeth Hulm and Vinnie Molina, delegates to the 3rd Five Days for the Cuban Five, held in Washington DC, will report back and provide first hand information on the international campaign to free the Cuban Five.
Screening: a short video from the event
For more info: 0419 812 872 or email@example.com
Organised by the Communist Party of Australia Central Committee
Hiroshima Day commemoration rally
Sunday August 3
Hyde Park North (near Archibald Foundtain)
Actor Terry Serio and speakers Helen Caldicott (on the nuclear threat), Ian Rintoul from the Refugee Action Coalition (on war creates refugees) and Hannah Middleton (on the Marshall Islands case at the ICJ) will be joined by drummers and dancers from Japan and drummers from Korea.
Organised by the Hiroshima Committee – www.hiroshimacommittee.org
SUPPORT THE CUBAN 5
Tuesday August 5
Martin Place Sydney
Support event outside US Consulate
Organised by Sydney Central Branch, CPA
Further info Maria 0431 275 434
Free the Cuban 5 Speaking Tour
Saturday August 16
Level 2, 12 Railway St, Lidcombe (close to Lidcombe train station)
Lilli Labañino-Cardoso : Activist and daughter of Romon Labañino, one of the Cuban 5 political prisoners held in the US.
Contact: Jennifer Glass 9749 0400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Politics in the Pub
This web page was last updated:
Tuesday, July 29, 2014